Friday, May 15, 2015

After Work

I tell no one at work what I have done. I keep my satisfaction to myself. It is my Zen bee moment.
I can't wait to get home and see what is going on with them. After work I go right out and start looking. There is a lot of activity. There is much coming and going. I look, my dog lays on the grass nearby being as patient as I am.

I enjoy watching for a very long time. I take some pictures and some video.  I go to bed and the first thing I do in the morning is go outside to the corner of my yard and look for what the bees are doing. They are already up and about, buzzing and rising in a circular motion and then heading out in a straight line. I assume that is where the phrase "beeline" comes from.

At work I show a couple people my video. They think it's pretty cool. I feel cool. After work I go straight out to the beehive. I get on my knees a foot away, and place my face a few inches from the entrance and watch. I am so fascinated I do not feel time. The coming and going is very heavy. I peer in the entrance and see bees fanning. Because I am so close, and starring, I actually see bees arriving with their back leg pouches full of pollen. Yeah! At least I know they are finding nectar and pollen. I may not need to feed them a lot of sugar water. We'll see. Have to figure this out.

I don't want the bees to starve. But I don't want to open the hive and check either. I don't want to disturb them. They say, stay away form the hive for a few days. When I look at my watch, two and one half hours have passed. Watching bees is like watching a fire. You can watch endlessly. It remains fascinating even though the change seems confined.

If I needed something to relax me, something to entertain me, something to fascinate me, I couldn't ask for anything else. I bow to my Zen Bees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment